In partnership with the Sony World Photography Awards, Sony and the World Photography Organization jointly presents the United Photo Contest – a photo contest honoring the enthusiasm of football fans surrounding 2014 FIFA World Cup™.
Sports have the power to transform groups of strangers into a united commune. In the festive spirit surrounding the 2014 FIFA World Cup™, United Photo Contest want to see what the spirit of football looks like wherever you are in the world. Whether celebrating a victory in a pub full of sports fans, on the field playing your own football match, gathered around the television with your friends, or in the stadium bounded by millions of fellow fans, United Photo Contest encourage you to enter images that display celebration, community and unity.
The United Photo Contest is free and open to all for a period of one month.
- First Prize: Sony α7 ILCE-7 Kit
- Second Place Prizes: Sony α6000 ILCE-6000L Kit
- Third Place Prizes: Sony α6000 ILCE-6000L Kit
You declare and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by “You”, as follows:
- You are the sole owner of each submission
- You have the right to make Your submission available to the Competition
- Each submission does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, intellectual property, rights of privacy or publicity.
- Your submission does not include copyrighted materials owned by third parties.
- WPO recognizes you, the owner of the image, retain full rights of the copyright in each Entry
Any image submitted to the United Photo Contest may be used by WPO, and its Competition Partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of the Competition only.
United Photo Contest event and/or competition, including, but not limited too:
- Judging the Photo Contest
- Displaying the winning entries and runners at public exhibitions promoting WPO
- Inclusion within the WPO Website, Application, a World Photography Awards magazine and similar.
- Inclusion within any resources promoting of the United Photo Contest and / or any exhibitions organized by WPO.
- Inclusion on United Photo Contest – and exhibition-related products to be sold by the WPO
- Sub-licensing the submissions to the press for reproduction in connection with the United Photo Contest and any exhibition.
- Allowing viewers of the WPO Website and or Applications to view pictures on a computer screen, for their personal, non-commercial use only.
Any photograph used by WPO shall carry a credit line of the owner. Any failure to provide such credit line of owner shall not be deemed to be a breach.
- Pictures should be no smaller than 800KB and no large than 5MB.
- Pictures should be either JPEG or TIFF files.
- All Pictures must be saved in the RGB color mode.