Ocean Conservancy presents The Marine Wildlife and Seascape Photography Contest 2014. Photographs must show marine wildlife or marine habitats, and have to be photographed in a natural setting.
Images of aquariums, pools or other confined locations will not be accepted. Images of divers touching or stressing marine wildlife will not be accepted.
- Arctic: Images of land, water, and animals who call the Arctic home.
- Gulf of Mexico: Images of land, water, and animals who call the Gulf of Mexico home.
- Human Impact: Images of fishermen, shipping, marine debris, and all the ways that humans can interact with the deep-sea. This class may feature people in an editorial style.
- Fish: Images of Red Snapper, Tuna, and other fish in their natural habitat.
- Our Ocean: Images that do not fit the above categories can be entered into this general photo category.
Every photo entered in the contest has a chance to be featured in the Ocean Wildlife 2016 Calendar.
Grand Prize Winner and People’s Choice Winner will receive
- A one year free subscription to a diving magazine,
- A one year full membership to Ocean Conservancy,
- An Ocean Conservancy T-shirt,
- A swag gift bag,
- Participation in a conference call with one of our jury’s,
- And a piece of signed, framed photography from one of our jury’s,
The category winners will receive a one year subscription to a diving magazine, a one year membership to Ocean Conservancy and an Ocean Conservancy T-shirt.
Copyright & Usage Rights
- Ownership and copyright of ALL ENTRIES remain with the photographer
- Submissions in the contest grants Ocean Conservancy limitless and non-exclusive use for Ocean Conservancy publications, website and other uses to promote Ocean Conservancy’s work.